Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Desired Place in the United States

A place in the United States that I would like to visit is the Grand Canyon and the Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona. I would like to experience the Grand Canyon because of its fantastic views of wildlife and man-made architecture in the West. The Grand Canyon National Park would have all of the amenities to keep me interested and it would be cool to adventure the area. I cold hike in the Grand Canyon and experience all of the man-made nature around me. It would also be neat to walk on the sky walk that hovers over the Grand Canyon. This would provide and outstanding view of the whole canyon and the Colorado River. The views of the canyon would make for great pictures that I could take to commemorate my time there. There are even bus tours I could go on to see the whole canyon inside and out. With so many things to do, the Grand Canyon would be an excellent place that I would want to go to.

To get to the Grand Canyon, I would take a plane that flies from BWI in Baltimore probably to the airport in Las Vegas, since it is the closest big city near the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon offers shuttle service from the different lodges there so it would be easy to get around there. The weather is very warm in the summer months with high temperatures getting into the 90s. It gets colder though at night with lows in the 40s. So I would want to pack shorts and t-shirts but also a couple of jackets for the nighttime hours when it gets cold. I could also take some hiking gear because hiking is very popular in the Grand Canyon. I would also need money because i would have to par for food and water and a room at a lodge. My expectations for the Grand Canyon is that it would be very hot out but there are so many things to do there that I would always be having fun. I also expect to take fantastic pictures of the canyon and experience the man-made art of the West. I expect to have fun and enjoy a different region of the United States other than the Mid- Atlantic. I know that the Grand Canyon will be a blast.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/images/040826_grandcanyon.jpg

http://www.itsnature.org/Wild_Travels/images/article-images/Grand_Canyon6.jpg 

2 comments:

  1. Adam,
    Excellent blogging third quarter! Your posts are full of interseting details. There are minor typing errors, so read over one more time before posting blogs. Keep working hard as always!
    95/100 A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ADAM!!!! I GOT THE SAME GRADE AS YOU! NO WAY! KAY BYEE
    LOVE
    MANDY

    ReplyDelete